Friday, November 8, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday - Octember

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  This week's edition feels like a book from Dr. Seuss.  Please Try to Remember the First of Octember. I know it's November but somewhere I think it's September and the weather acts like it could be any month of the year.  My head is pounding and my nose is dripping while I try and try to keep my head clear.  Did I mention snow?  The first photo was taken yesterday morning.  Guess what I woke up to this morning?  The "S" word!  Yeah, snow!


Yes, indeed, that does mean that I FINALLY FINISHED MY GHOSTIE SOCKS!  Oh, I did totally scream it.  I finished them around 5am this morning.  I used the deck light to get these photos just before 6am.    I've decided that I don't like the afterthought heel.  Sorry for lack of photos (I will post on Ravelry once the sun rises) as to why I don't like the heel.  I chose that heel so I could keep the Ghostie pattern going but I don't like picking up the stitches and it just doesn't look as nice.  My toes didn't turn out the same either.  Overall, I LOVE the socks!

100% BFL  390 Yards
Fiber Dyed by Me!
I have so many things I need to get done with my holiday shows just around the corner.  Tomorrow I will be vending at a knitting retreat and don't have nearly the amount of product ready and in two weeks is the Weaver's Guild Sale followed by the Buy Local Show I vend at.  It's so hard to concentrate of weaving and knitting when your head is ready to explode so...I've been spinning.  There is something wonderful and calming about spinning.
Two Skeins from my Alpaca Batts
Legolas  122 Yards, 3 Ply
Watermelon 74 yards 3Ply
Now, Share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


10 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy!!! So glad you finished the socks, they look ace! Love the colour of the yarn. Fantastic colour to make you feel nice and warm. Snow! Wish we had the snow, just got the rain, wind and cold :-(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! for the ghostie socks, they totally rock!! I know exactly how your feel, although I'm trying to get busy with preparation for our big holiday. Your handspuns are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ghostie socks! They are fantastic.

    Good luck with the vending too - you have my sympathies! I always feel as if there isn't enough stock, but it's always so much fun. Do you get to do any retreating at the knitting retreat or is it all work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks!
    Have a super weekend :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There IS something tremendously centering about spinning.

    I love your Ghostie Socks.

    Yay for snow.... but I know you guys keep it a lot longer than we do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. We have managed to avoid the dreaded sn*w so far ... just some hoar frost this morning. But I'm sure it won't be long! I love your fibers - so bright and cheery :) I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon!!! Or rest and forget the demands on your time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those socks are so cute!! Amazing that you were working on them at 5 am - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deep breath, relax, try to feel better. Love your socks!

    ReplyDelete