Friday, March 21, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday - Week 12 2014

Happy Spring!  It's Fiber Arts Friday which means more updates in the world of knitting, spinning and weaving.  My knitting streak has finally slowed down and I've found myself spinning more.

This week I completed a 4oz skein of Colonial Wool dyed by my friend Carla from CJKoho Designs in the colorway Alice.  I was thinking about keeping the yarn as a single but decided that I wanted a bulky yarn.  I'm pleased with the yarn.  This was my first time spinning the Colonial Wool.  It was a nice spin but I must say, I'm so used to my fine wool and this isn't.  It most likely will become a hat.

I've made a bit of progress on the Casu Cowl.  I'm at 20 inches now.  It's slow going and not as fun to knit as I had hoped.  I really prefer knitting in the round.  It takes forever to knit a few inches this way.

Finally, I cast on The Running Headband written by our friend, Cindy, at the Gauge Wars blog.  Cables are a weakness of mine so I thought this headband, using my handspun, would be a nice way for me to work on the skill.  I'm on row 13 of 21.

Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts.  Sorry if I didn't get a chance to comment on your blog last weekend.  I was having some internet technical issues.
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs



8 comments:

  1. The Colonial Wool is gorgeous! Love, love the colorway!
    Those kind of jewel tones are my absolute favorite. I can't wait to see it worked up.
    Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your yarn is beautiful!! You never know maybe sometime in the future I might be able to make something half as beautiful as your yarn! You have inspired me and I'll be starting my spinning journey on Wednesday. Love the projects! Can't wait to see what they look like finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yarn you chose for the headband! Someday I hope my handspun looks half as good as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally pulled out my spinning wheel last weekend... I've hardly worked on it since the Tour de Fleece.

    I'm still liking that cowl pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your handspun, as always, is gorgeous! It would definitely make a funky hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Colonial handspun - awesome! And I'm with Kathryn, I also like that cowl pattern, and in that colorway, it will be a beautiful springtime cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors of your new yarn, so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete