Friday, April 18, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday - Week 16 2014

Here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail...
It's Easter Weekend already!  Week 16 of the year.  Where has time gone?  Happy Fiber Arts Friday!  I will not be sharing any projects that involve rabbits because I've had my fill of Angora but I will share some other lovely fibers that scream SPRING!

First, I spun 4oz of a beautiful Blue Faced Leicester/ Banana, a 70/30 blend.  Yes, Banana!  This roving was purchased from River's Edge Fiber Arts.  Carol is a vendor a a variety of shows throughout the United States.  Even though she is from Michigan, I learned about her beautiful fiber from a friend who bought her roving at SAFF back when I was first learning to spin.  Her roving is delicious to spin and she always finds the most wonderful blends of color, fiber and texture.

Next, I have joined a WAL (Weave Along) in one of the Saori Weaving Groups I belong to.  The theme is Discovery Weave Along and the requirements were to weave a Green themed project and work on new techniques.

I have my Cricket warped for this project and am hoping to blend some of my favorite techniques with others that I've been taking note of.  It's all about learning and having fun while creating something beautiful.  I do love weaving!

Tomorrow is our Shear Day!  Hooray!

The Alpacas are in beautiful full fleece and I'm eager to get my greedy little hand all over their fiber and get it sorted for processing.

Our children have been busy halter training the cria.  It won't be long and 4H Fair Week will be here.  While working with training the two cria, I can't help but investigate their fleece.  Just look at that staple length and for the most part, it's veggie free.  I really tried hard to keep their area as clean as possible.  Although I can't control how they eat hay.  Believe me, I've tried.  Messy little eaters ;-)

The goat kids are growing like little weeds.  They are moving so fast now that it's hard to get photos at times then they stop and want to be cuddled.   Of course, the big goats want the lovin' too.

Have I mentioned how much I love my farm?  What?  Not in the last two seconds ;-)

ooooh, I almost forgot.  On Ravelry, the Tour de Fleece threads are up.  I am going to host the Team of Wonder again this year and would love to see Fiber Arts Friday friends on our team.  Check out the Team of Wonder Team Thread.

Now share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs





6 comments:

  1. Hi, I bet the yarn from your alpacas is going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I was just thinking about Tour de Fleece yesterday.YAY.

    I haven't spun with banana yet. Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! New possibilities! Glad their coat seems pretty clean...

    The goats are adorable! My husband raised goats in high school....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your farm too, LOL!! Yes I'll sign up for the TdF, going to Rav group right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The goats are so adorable! It's about time Michigan got some decent weather. I'm looking forward to some family fun outside over Easter break. We got snow here on Tuesday. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those babies!! Big and small ones. Would love the animals, but not the upkeep. I have enough trouble with 2 Miniature Goldendoodles!

    ReplyDelete